[Owasp-board] [Update] OWASP Foundation - Global Board Call

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Mar 1 17:01:09 UTC 2011

With all due respect.........

I am happy to move the day/date of the Board call.  Having contact with most
of the committee chairs, it would probably be moved to Tuesday to avoid
conflict with other scheduled calls.

We might want to consider the frequency that the OWASP Foundation Global
Board meets.  Currently, our by-laws state:

SECTION 3. Regular Meetings. A regular annual meeting of the Board of
Directors shall be held in January of each year the day of which shall be
called by the President or designated Chairman. The Board of Directors may
provide, by resolution, the time and place for the holding of additional
regular meetings without notice other than such resolution.

As initiated at the Summit, we are currently in process of looking at and
questioning this document.  As noted, the meetings are really only required
annually.  I am not saying I agree or disagree with annual/quarterly/monthly
meetings, but we are now "encouraging" and "empowering" the committee chairs
to present their committee's issues and progress to the board.  This means
that now 16 people need to schedule this time.  (7 committee chairs + 6
board members + Alison, Kate, Paulo).

If we need to adjust the schedule for two or three individuals, then the
rest of the invited attendees need to try and adjust their schedules.
Perhaps monthly calls are too frequent and dilute the importance of the
call.  Maybe quarterly meetings would be the next logical step.  This allows
the committees to meet at least twice in between calls and, therefore, have
more digestible information to present.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403