[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] Next OWASP Global Summit

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Jun 6 13:51:50 UTC 2011

 GConfC or GConnC?

Mark Bristow
Global Conferences Committee, Chair
mark.bristow at owasp.org
(703) 596-5175

Sent concisely from my wireless device

----- Reply message -----
From: "Tom Brennan" <tomb at owasp.org>
To: "Jason Li" <jason.li at owasp.org>
Cc: "Mark Bristow" <mark.bristow at owasp.org>, "OWASP Foundation Board List" <
owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>, "global_conference_committee" <
global_conference_committee at lists.owasp.org>
Subject: [Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] Next OWASP Global
Summit
Date: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 9:50 am

DOH that was GCC

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org> wrote:

I don't think the GPC is the correct committee to oversee this effort.

It was originally delegated to the Connections committee as their calling is
to "connect" OWASPers. The Projects committee was pulled in to the planning
of the last summit as there was a lot of project involvement.

But the Conferences committee should have been on point with previous Summit
planning and should be on point for future planning. They have the
experience with managing large events and the infrastructure to handle them.

Part of my personal frustration with Summit planning last time was that we
were re-inventing the wheel on a lot of things that the Conferences
committee has most likely solved many times in the past.

-Jason