[Owasp-board] New project request - OWASP Codes of Conduct

Paulo Coimbra pcoimbra at owasp.org
Wed Jun 1 15:09:40 UTC 2011

Hi Colin,

Hope you are well. As for Dublin, I unfortunately can't be there but take
the opportunity to wish you a pleasant and productive meeting. Please let me
know if you think I can do anything to support your participation.

Regarding your request, the project has been set up
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Codes_of_Conduct#tab=Project_About.
Please check it out and change it as you find best or let me know what
changes you would like I introduce.

Also, I've check the Summit's schedule and fixed the broken link you pointed
out. I've also uploaded the Codes of Conduct file produced in the Summit to
the referred working session.

If you wish and let me know under which names each of Codes of Conduct will
be launched, I will set up the needed releases' templates to receive it.

Should you have any further questions or need of assistance, please do not
hesitate and get back to me.

To conclude, I thank your for donating your time and leading another OWASP
effort.

Thanks,
- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra
OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra>

From:  Colin Watson <colin.watson at owasp.org>
Date:  Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:13:53 +0100
To:  Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
Subject:  New project request - OWASP Codes of Conduct

Hello Paulo

I hope you will be in Dublin next week so we can catch up.

Could you create a new project please, and set up a mailing list.
I'll need to add some content before it is announced formally to the
Leaders List.

Project Name,

     OWASP Codes of Conduct

Project purpose / overview,

    To create and maintain OWASP Codes of Conduct.

    In order to achieve our mission, OWASP needs to take advantage of
every opportunity to affect software development everywhere. At the
OWASP Summit 2011 in Portugal, the idea was created to try to
influence educational institutions, government bodies, standards
groups, and trade organizations.  We set out to define a set of
minimal requirements for these organizations specifying what we
believe to be the most effective ways to support our mission.  We call
these requirements a ³code of conduct² to imply that these are
normative standards, they represent a minimum baseline, and that they
are not difficult to achieve.

Project Roadmap,

1. Finalise and issue first versions of all four drafts
2. Liaise with Education, Membership and Industry Committees
3. Promote Codes of Conduct
4. Maintain and update Codes of Conduct

Project links (if any) to external sites,

   (none)

Project License,

  (usual for document type projects)

Project Leader name,

  Colin Watson

Project Leader email address,

  colin.watson at owasp.org

Project Leader wiki account - the username (you'll need this to edit the
wiki),

  @clerkendweller

Project Contributor(s) (if any) - name email and wiki account (if any),

  Jeff Wiiliams, Dave Wichers, Dinis Cruz, OWASP Summit 2011

Project Main Links (if any).

  OWASP Summit 2011 Working Session (I think it was 15:30 hrs
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011_Schedule_Dynamic#tab=Wednesday.2
C_Feb_9
but the link is wrong)

Regards