[Owasp-board] Fwd: Industry WS >> FW: [Owasp-Summit-2011] Working Sessions current situation.

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Fri Jan 28 20:57:27 UTC 2011

I understand that the GIC needs assistance right now, especially leading up
to the Summit:  where the roadmap for the next several years of OWASP, will
be drawn.  I also understand that Sarah was hired to assist the GIC for
2011...

" Sarah Baso will be secretary of the industry committee, starting on
January the 1st. She will be with us for the duration of 2011. In terms of
"OWASP experience", she has previously been involved in the organization of
the summit, where she will continue to fulfill her role until late January."
Announcement to GIC members 12/30/10

What I want to avoid is Sarah being tasked with driving the GIC.  She is
currently managing ALL attendee travel and accommodations.  This includes
assuming travel agent responsibilities like booking flights and directing
registration questions.  This, in and of itself is a daunting task and the
Summit would not be nearly as well organized if it was not for her
assistance.

Additionally, Sarah does not have an IT or AppSec background.  Asking her to
decide the priorities of the GIC working sessions is not really appropriate.
The Industry committee, and it's initiatives, should be driven by the
industry.

As we move into the final week of preparation, there are many operational
details that need to be finalized.  I would kindly ask that the working
sessions be moved to Paulo and Sandra's responsibilities as they have been
managing all of the other sessions.

Sarah will be able to participate in the mapping of the GIC and new
initiatives, but determining what those should be is really a function of
the committee members.  She did send out an email earlier that identified
the attendees who had been personally invited and a plan to contact them
about the schedule changes.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403