[Owasp-board] (removing myself from the process) Re: Core Purpose Submissions

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Jan 21 11:02:39 UTC 2011

I really don't want to have a big thread on this, but I would just like to
comment that any 'certification' conversation at OWASP goes to heart of
OWASP's values (as we seen many times in the past)

If you look closely, the reason OWASP is NOT (and should never be) in the
normal 'certification' business (as done by ISC2 or SANS) is because our
'current' values don't allow it

So, I do think I understand what values I was looking for (and lets not
focus on minor items, the key here is that the current values do NOT
represent OWASP, in fact they barely represent any Open Source Community
(this list is much more like it
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board_Submitted_Core_Values)).

Dinis Cruz