[Owasp-board] VOTE REQUEST: Summit fund raising initiative almost ready, please review

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Sat Jan 15 15:38:24 UTC 2011

Yes.

From: owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of dinis cruz
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 7:02 AM
To: OWASP Foundation Board List
Subject: [Owasp-board] VOTE REQUEST: Summit fund raising initiative almost
ready, please review

Board

Ok, so now that the Summit is in full swing and we have allocated our first
round of funding for our leaders (in addition to the Active Committee
Members, OWASP board, OWASP Employees, Summit team and leaders sponsored by
their chapter), we are ready to launch a Wikipedia inspired sponsorship
drive.

To kickstart this I asked Jeff and Jim to write two 'Personal Requests'
(just like Wikipedia did) and here are their versions:

§  A personal request by
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding/Jeff_Williams> Jeff
Williams

§  A personal request by
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding/Jim_Manico> Jim Manico

There is also this 'A request by OWASP' which I'm not 100% happy with
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding/OWASP>
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding/OWASP a and that it will
be rewritten before going live. Others 'personal requests' will also be
added as they are created (and reviewed)

Why should be do this?

*	get additional funds to pay for the other OWASP Leaders and Key
Industry players that we would still like to take to the Summit
*	maybe (if we get a lot of donations) recoup some of the money OWASP
is currently investing in the Summit
*	see if OWASP is able to create an independent revenue stream, that
is 100% driven by its community, and is independent from any vendor, company
or conference (this was one of Wikipedia's core arguments to do this on
their website).

The idea is to put the banner (currently used on the 'personal request
page') on  EVERY page at OWASP, to maximize coverage and impact (this is
what WikiPedia does)

As you can see, time is of the essence, so can we try to get this approved
in the next 24h?

Thanks

Dinis Cruz