[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Thank you for your membership!

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Jan 12 15:47:03 UTC 2011

Jessica, today is Wednesday and I had to call tech support to get an update
on my "critical" request.  (your site says within 8 hours).  The tech
support representative could not tell me anything other than, "it is with
the development team."

This particular problem is a serious flaw.  As an organization of
professionals who have devoted their careers to web application security,
this type of issue is a "showstopper."

Additionally, since we have launched the Reg online system 1/1/11, there
have been other issues arising with the security of the system.

When I call tech support and press #2, I really feel there is no urgency.
They seem to be available to assist with problems like - "how do I enter a
discount code?" but not serious system vulnerabilities.

So, who in your organization can we contact to work on these bigger system
flaws.  This is, after all, what we do and considering we are in at least a
2 year contract with you, I need to know that these issues are being
appropriately addressed.  If not, I will lose the confidence of our
membership and won't be able to use the system.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org

From: seba <seba at owasp.org>
Date: Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM
To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>

I could not resist :-)

Maybe we should warn RegOnline about the SQLi:
https://www.regonline.com/RegOnlineBadges/BadgeReport.aspx?EventId=919827
<https://www.regonline.com/RegOnlineBadges/BadgeReport.aspx?EventId=919827&C
onfigId=Gz3agu0rMiA=&AttendeeId='%20or%201=1%20or%20'qHPrL0rvQVp+VXaStJcAaA=
=&en=1>
&ConfigId=Gz3agu0rMiA=&AttendeeId='%20or%201=1%20or%20'qHPrL0rvQVp+VXaStJcAa
A==&en=1

--Seba