[Owasp-board] FW: [Global_membership_committee] OWASP Honorary Member "Title"

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Fri Jan 7 18:55:45 UTC 2011

Discussion related to last board call.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403
www.owasp.org
Skype:  Kate.hartmann1

-----Original Message-----
From: global_membership_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:global_membership_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of
Michael Coates
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:27 PM
To: Dave Wichers
Cc: Global_membership_committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Global_membership_committee] OWASP Honorary Member "Title"

Dave,

I saw you updated the new membership model page[1] and changed[2] the title
of "OWASP Honorary Member" to "OWASP Contributing Member".  We held a fair
amount of discussion on this issue and decided upon the title "OWASP
Honorary Member" during our December 21st meeting [3].  Was there some
discussion at the board level or elsewhere about this title?  I think the
title "Contributing Member" will actually not work because the justification
process [4] will require the OWASP participant to have performed more than
just a contribution to OWASP.  The goal isn't to be overly strict about
this, but a contribution of a wiki edit or a blogpost alone wouldn't qualify
a user.

[1]
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/GlobalMembershipCommittee_2011_SummitGoals

[2]
http://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=GlobalMembershipCommittee_2011_SummitGo
als&diff=98204&oldid=97787

[3] http://www.owasp.org/index.php/GlobalMembershipCommittee_Notes_20101221

[4]
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/GlobalMembershipCommittee_2011_SummitGoals#OW
ASP_Honorary_Member.2FLeader_Process

Just trying to understand any background for this change.

Thanks,

Michael Coates
OWASP