[Owasp-board] Fwd: FIRST and OWASP relations

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Thu Feb 17 15:19:54 UTC 2011

Board,

The Jeff and the GCC have been working with FIRST to estabolish an affiliate
agreement for their FIRST conference this year.  For thoes not famiar, FIRST
is a organization of incident responders that provides community resources
as well as guidance for incident responders in all areas of computer
security.

The agreement they have set forth is attached.  Upon cursory review, this is
very similar to agreements that we put forth at conferences for "in kind"
sponsors.  Basically FIRST will make us an affiliate member, and give our
membership 10% discount codes if we add them to our banner rotation and
provide a link on our events page (there will be a new section under
"partner" events as these come up often).  I think this is a good first step
to estabolishing a relationship with an internationally respected
organization.

Regards,
-Mark

mark.bristow at owasp.org