[Owasp-board] Fwd: Vote request proposed Chapters Committee Governance

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Feb 1 21:58:45 UTC 2011

One thing to consider - both the committees and board have a stake in
the governance.

For instance, taking the extremes: GCC creates a governance model that
basically says the control conference wholesale and will keep the
revenue for the GCC.

or the flip side: The board creates a governance model that basically
says the Global Committees are here to do the boring work and will get
no funding or authority.

The point being that both the committees and the board need to come to
an agreement on how they will interact to better OWASP.  If either party
is excluded, there will be issues.

Great summit topic!

--
-- Matt Tesauro