[Owasp-board] VOTE REQUESTED: Revised Chapter Handbook

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Wed Dec 28 13:17:02 UTC 2011

Eoin-

Email addresses- I think this is a membership committee question and not
chapters. For chapters, I give chapter leaders email addresses and do not
revoke or cancel when they step down...so current AND past leaders have
email addresses.

Geographic area- so far this has been handled on a case by case basis ( if
2 chapters in one city). Generally, a chapter can start as being broad
(state/metro area) but as it grows may be broken up into more chapters that
are in each city...It is hard to put a "rule" on it that would apply world
wide without being unnecessarily complicated.

Is the handbook a "ok" from you? we need one more yes vote to move forward
(we have 3 so far).

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:06 AM, Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

Happy Christmas all,
A few Questions (apologies if these are addressed already):

email addresses: only paid up members? Are we going to revoke emails from
non paid members.?

Chapters: are there restrictions or criterion on a chapter catchment area?
Density or clusters of chapters? Eg. Would it be ok for NY to have 20
chapters??? So how is the geographic area defined??? Rule if thumb or
committee or board or local consensus?

On 27 Dec 2011, at 18:43, Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org> wrote:

Board -
The Global Chapters Committee has approved a revised Chapter Handbook as
posted here:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1fM12mcefOpZb-zU7unNjUvJkAR5HCImNLtkchHuuV_0/edit
(PDF version is attached as well).

I realize many of you are likely on holiday this week, but I am hoping that
you can vote on whether to approve the new handbook ( vote "yes" or
"approve" for us to move forward with the document as it currently exists)

Please note that the committee has already had a period for open comment
from the community and considered those suggestions with this revised
draft.  Only section 2 is "mandatory" for chapters and the rest of the
handbook is recommendations/suggestions for running a successful chapter.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this as I would like to have it wrapped
up by the end of the week.

Regards,
Sarah Baso