[Owasp-board] VOTE REQUESTED: Revised Chapter Handbook

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue Dec 27 18:52:51 UTC 2011

I approve

Op dinsdag 27 december 2011 schreef Sarah Baso (sarah.baso at owasp.org) het
volgende:
> Board -
> The Global Chapters Committee has approved a revised Chapter Handbook as
posted here:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1fM12mcefOpZb-zU7unNjUvJkAR5HCImNLtkchHuuV_0/edit
(PDF version is attached as well).
> I realize many of you are likely on holiday this week, but I am hoping
that you can vote on whether to approve the new handbook ( vote "yes" or
"approve" for us to move forward with the document as it currently exists)
> Please note that the committee has already had a period for open comment
from the community and considered those suggestions with this revised
draft.  Only section 2 is "mandatory" for chapters and the rest of the
handbook is recommendations/suggestions for running a successful chapter.

> Thanks for your prompt attention to this as I would like to have it
wrapped up by the end of the week.
seba at owasp.org>, Mandeep Khera <mkhera at owasp.org>, Andrew van der Stock <
vanderaj at gmail.com>, Ivy Zhang 张平 <ivy at owasp.org.cn>, Tin Zaw <
tin.zaw at owasp.org>, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org>, Puneet Mehta <
puneet.mehta at owasp.org>
alison mcnamee <alison.shrader at owasp.org>, Michael Coates <
michael.coates at owasp.org>, eoin keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org>

> Global Chapters Committee Members -
> Thanks to all of you who got your votes in for the handbook - Gustavo,
Seba, Ivy, Puneet, Tin, and Josh.  Mandeep and Andrew, if you would like to
cast a vote for the record or have any minor edits, let me know by Friday.
> The Chapter Handbook is approved with some minor edits.
>
>  I have made most of the edits suggested with the exceptions noted below
 (my comments appear in red).  The new draft of the handbook appears here:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1fM12mcefOpZb-zU7unNjUvJkAR5HCImNLtkchHuuV_0/edit
(also
there is a copy attached). Unless I receive further comments or requested
(minor) edits before Friday, I will be sending it to the Board in this form
for approval.

> A full record of the votes appears here:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdHZFbEpzZlhGdlRjQVJ6UlAtWGE2MkE
(also
a tabulation of all the votes is attached).

> For your records - Chapter Handbook v2 0.04 with community comments
appears here:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1c9OMJoIgcYGstSdpNhAVu8Bqcwe9dIZuyje0cBBykCE/edit?hl=en_US

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> MINOR EDITS REQUESTED BUT NOT MADE:
> Section 2.2
>
> --Approved with minor edits: In my Opinion one meeting per quarter is
achievable  (PM)

> --Approved with minor edits: I prefer 1, but not a breaking point for me
(SD)
> The number of meetings was a non-trivial part of this section, and since
4 people approved "2" as the minimum number of required numbers and Seba
preferred 1 (but not a breaking point), I left the number at 2.

> Section 2.3
> --I would not make the calendar entry mandatory (SD)
> Once again, I see this as a non-trivial part of this section.  5 people
approved "as is" so I left the item in.
> Section 2.6
> --maybe slightly reword the title, but can't think of a correct phrase
that best represents the paragraph content (SD)
> Not sure how it should be reworded, but Seba send your thoughts  or ideas
by Friday otherwise I will leave it as is.
> Section 4.3.7
> -- Apparently this process for reimbursement has changed.  Kate and
Alison now have a form that you need to submit reimbursements to." (JS)
> Not sure if this new process has been approved/finalized by the Board and
ready to roll out.  Waiting for word from Kate and hopefully will insert
new instructions here before I send new handbook out to the Chapter Leaders
after the first of the year. (I will also keep the GCC updated on this)
> Section 7.3.6
>
> This would be a good place to mention the new OWASP SurveyMonkey account.
(JS)

> This actually isn't an "OWASP" all account as of right now.  It is just a
conference committee account that I am administering.  The main reason for
this is that it isn't possible to change user permissions and Kate has
entered her cc/personal information to pay for the account, so we don't
want to just send the login (and her cc/personal information) to everyone.
While we may be able to work something out in the future, I think it is
better to leave this out of the handbook.