[Owasp-board] OWASP Financials - 2012 Planning

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Fri Dec 9 23:25:56 UTC 2011

Global Committees,

We need your help to finalize our 2012 budget.  Our remaining item is the committee budgets.  We initially approached committee budgets by posing the question, if money was no issue, what would you like to achieve in 2012?  We got lots of great thoughts here; however, money is an issue - in the sense that we do have a bound on it.  We discussed this during Monday's call as well (see email below).

We've run the numbers and we want to support committee growth that fosters overall OWASP goals.  Based on budget projections we can support increases for committee budgets for specific planned events/projects/needs.

Action Items
1. Please review the following google document (you all have access via your owasp account). This document contains version 1 and version 2 of the committee budgets. Version 1 budgets are what the committees submitted to the board. Version 2 is what we can support based on 2012 projected income.  You'll notice that column F shows the increase in budget from 2011 to 2012

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhSfMVkfLvsldEhDTXU1VWFILVM0WW5FeTI2NUZwVWc

2.  Please take a look at your committee budgets and prioritize them within the bounds of the available budget. We'd love to support more initiatives, but we need to grow responsibly and within the limits of our resources.

3. Work with your committee chair to update and submit a new version of your budgets
See overall budget with committee budget tabs here - https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhI4iTO_QojvdFRTX1ZvUHU5U1N3WVRGNm56cDlOM1E

Note: It would be very helpful to get this done before Monday. I realize that is a tight deadline, but if you can swing around a few emails and make some magic, that would be great.

If there are exceptions that need to be discussed further then please email the board list so we can understand these specific issues.

Michael Coates
OWASP