[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] Loss from AppSec Asia

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Wed Dec 7 19:46:33 UTC 2011

So before we get to far down this road.  AppSecASIAPAC was an anomoly.
 GCC (at least I) was not aware that there was another organization
involved until VERY late in the game (weeks before the event).
Technically it should have been classified as a partner event, where a
contract between our two organizations would have been signed (by the
board) up front, clearly identifiying these issues.

In this case, this was presented as a 100% OWASP event when it reality
it was not.  That's the root of the problem here and unlike LATAM the
other organization is more "partner" than "contractor".

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175
mark.bristow at owasp.org