[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] Loss from AppSec Asia

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Dec 7 18:58:16 UTC 2011

Well said Sarah.

I think there are a few situations that we want to consider:

*1) An organizer did budgeting well, they kept within budget and were
responsible leaders, but attendees did not show up*. In  this case we
may wish to help more.
*
2) An organizer set a budget, but far exceeded the budget with
irresponsible purchases or lack of good research, but the conference was
a success via attendance and profit*. Even if the conference was a
success, we probably want to discourage poor planning somehow.

*3) An organizer set a budget, far exceeded the budget, and the
conference was not a success due to poor attendance*. Someone is going
to have to shell out a LOT of money to make up for these oversights.

*4) An organizer did not set a good budget.* This one should end here,
and OWASP should not support until a good budget has been set and
approved of by the GCC.

Just throwing out a few ideas to consider,
Jim

--
Jim Manico

Connections Committee Chair