[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] Loss from AppSec Asia

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Dec 7 18:21:05 UTC 2011

Excellent!

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org

Skype:  Kate.hartmann1

From: Sarah Baso [mailto:sarah.baso at owasp.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:19 PM
To: alison mcnamee
Cc: Kate Hartmann; OWASP Foundation Board List; global_conference_committee;
Lucas Ferreira; Mark Bristow
Subject: Re: [Global_conference_committee] Loss from AppSec Asia

Alison -

Can you find look to see (or maybe you know off the top of your head) if we
sent any down payment or money (other than the approx. $3222 sent recently
to cover hotel costs) to China for this conference.  It probably would have
been in late July or August of this year?

They are currently at a $16,166.22 loss, but Frank Fan's company
(DBAppSecurity) still owes $4742 and SecZone has said they can cover about
$6,000 of the loss. The leaves about $5,500 for us to possibly cover.  I
want to make sure we have a full financial picture of what we have paid
before anything is decided though.

Thanks,

Sarah

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org> wrote:

I believe some of the loss will be realized by each party

-Mark

Sent from my wireless device

On Dec 7, 2011, at 10:33 AM, "Kate Hartmann" <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
wrote:

I know there is a documented loss for AppSec Asia for 2011.  Is the
foundation expected to reimburse SecZone for this loss?  What was the
agreement for the financials for this event.  I know that much of this has
come from Rip's personal account.

We need to clear this up before the end of the year.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

www.owasp.org <http://www.owasp.org/>

Skype:  Kate.hartmann1

<Copy of OWASP 2011 Appsec Asia cost-1128.xlsx>

--

Administrator for

OWASP Global Conference Committee

OWASP Global Chapter Committee