[Owasp-board] Owasp chair

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Aug 19 01:53:18 UTC 2011

Here are the responsibilities:

https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d6/2011-06-OWASP-BYLAWS.pdf

SECTION 2.01  Each Board Member will be assigned one of the following roles:
Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, or Board Member at large.
 These roles will carry the following responsibilities:

    a.  Board Chair - Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who
sets policy, Chairs meetings of the Board, encourages board’s role in
strategic planning, serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends
their meetings when invited, helps guide and mediate board actions with
respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns, monitors
financial planning and financial reports, plays a leading role in
fundraising activities, formally evaluates the performance of the Foundation
Director and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the board members.
 Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its
mission, performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.

    b.  Vice Chair - performs Chair responsibilities when the Chair cannot
be available, works closely with Chair and other Board Members, participates
closely with Chair to develop and implement officer transition plans,
performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.

    c.  Secretary - maintains records of the board and ensures effective
management of organization’s records, manages minutes of board meetings,
ensures minutes are distributed shortly after each meeting, is sufficiently
familiar with legal documents (articles, by-laws, IRS letters, etc.) to note
applicability during meetings.

    d.  Treasurer - manages finances of the organization, administrates
fiscal matters of the organization, provides annual budget to the board for
member’s approval, ensures development and board review of financial
policies and procedures.

    e.  Board Member at large - regularly attends board meetings and
important related meetings, volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments
and completes them thoroughly and on time, stays informed about committee
matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on
minutes and reports, gets to know other committee members and builds a
collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus, is an active
participant in the committee’s annual evaluating and planning efforts,
participates in fund raising for the organization.