[Owasp-board] [Committees-chairs] FW: Banner designs and such

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Aug 17 22:17:06 UTC 2011

Team,

OWASP has paid much higher rates for project logos in the past - $250 USD
for a logo is the most recent example I can recall:
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global-projects-committee/2010-October/001577.html
.

OWASP has also paid much higher rates for book covers and templates - $2000
for a template, and $325 for individual covers based on the Summer of Code
2008:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAX6n7m2zaTXOoAbaMx5CSA and
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAX6n7m2zaTVZcudg4_EzXg

In that context, the rates Larry is offering appear to be *more* than
generous on his part. In fact, I'm actually a little bit concerned that we
are undervaluing his design work and taking advantage of his relationship
with OWASP outside of just the graphic design realm.

Larry has done a large amount of design work for OWASP in the past (both as
a paid contractor and as a volunteer) that has been enjoyed and heavily
leveraged by the community.

We should make sure that the compensation is fair compared to other OWASP
design work - especially considering the demonstrated quality of Larry's
work.

I would like to make sure that we are not disrespecting Larry's
contributions by abusing the unique situation that Larry is in, being both a
long time OWASP volunteer/contributor and a paid graphic designer for OWASP.

-Jason