[Owasp-board] Extra hours for chapter committee

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Sun Aug 7 20:31:23 UTC 2011

Tom,
I think maybe we are not understanding each other... I am not clear
how "Just bill your actual time on approved projects by Kate."
provides any answer to my request to Kate and Tin. I am asking for
permission to to bill actual hours-- 20 to 25 this week, and ideally
15 or so  (over the 5 i am currently approved for on an ongoing basis)
in future weeks for "projects" or items such as chapter related
requests from the global feedback form, staying up to date on chapter
metrics, facilitating schwag requests, and checking in with chapters
on current activity (things that have already been on my "task list"
but are taking much more than 5 hrs a week). Kate has told me she
needs to know how things are getting billed (i.e. Chapters committee
budget or other). So my understanding is that as it now stands I would
need approval from Kate and the committee. It is not efficient for me
to send this same email on a weekly basis when it is clear to me after
seeing a continued (and growing ) needs for work on the chapter
committee over the past 4 months. Additionally, it is hard for me to
understand how to prioritize my time in addressing needs when I don't
know whether I will be working 5 or 15 or 20 hours from one week to
another.

I have included mark on this last email because I think there is a
conference need for more help on projects but this is not in the
committee budget. So I request hours for a "project" from Kate and
then she asks what committee budget this is for an if the committee
does not have the budget to cover this we are just in the same cycle
as we are currently. so, does that mean the committee chairs just need
to request more money or do we need more money in the foundation bank
account ( which is what I have been led to believe based on previous
threads), or is this a matter of everyone being on the same page for
work flow?

I understand that there is an election starting tomorrow and decisions
are on hold - which is why I asked for approval for the upcoming week
( at a minimum) and am noting that this will be an ongoing request
based on the amount of time needed to currently address chapters (and
conference) needs in a timely manner.

Best regards,
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone