[Owasp-board] [GPC] OWASP WEBSITE GLOBAL FEEDBACK & INQUIRY FORM

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Fri Aug 5 02:51:39 UTC 2011

Team,

I saw that Tom shared the OWASP Global Feedback and Inquiry form with the
committee chairs.

I'm concerned that we're trying to field these types of technical questions.

As volunteer committee members, we are not setup handle these types of
requests in a scalable way. Not only that, but we are doing a disservice to
folks asking questions by providing only one opinion/knowledge source. I
know that I for one am not informed about every single application security
development or issue and questions like these are much more suited to be
answered by the greater community.

There was some talk at the Summit about setting up a stackoverflow-like
system for people to ask questions of the OWASP community. Does someone want
to take up the initiative to put that together?

-Jason