[Owasp-board] TGIF

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Mon Aug 1 20:49:17 UTC 2011

Historically:

In addition to providing all the services Aspect currently provides, Dave
Wichers was the OWASP Conferences Chair for 5 years, and still supports the
OWASP conferences, but at a much lower level of effort given the strong
support provided by the Global Conferences Committee.

Here is what Aspect is current providing to OWASP for free:

* In addition to his role on the OWASP board, Dave Wichers is effectively
the OWASP CFO. He reviews and signs all contracts and signs all checks, and
sends all paypal payments (in order to maintain two person controls over all
funds dispersed from OWASP). He also works with Kate/Alison, on the overall
OWASP budget and supports each of the 3rd party audits that has been done on
OWASP.
* Aspect established and provides oversight over OWASP's accounting and
payroll practices, reviewing the work done by Alison quarterly or
semiannually.
* Aspect provides misc administrative support (we send and receive packages
and faxes, answer phones, etc.).
* Aspect established and manages all OWASP employee benefits plans (health
insurance, STD/LTD, health savings accounts, cell phone plan).
* Larry Casey provides Admin support for all of OWASP's IT needs.

-Dave