[Owasp-board] Electronic Vote

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Apr 27 14:01:12 UTC 2011

This idea flows along the lines of the OWASP regions that has been discussed
by the chapter's committee, the membership committee, the industry
committee, and, to an extent, the conferences committee.

If we are going to work towards a centralized organization with "branches"
then it seems that we would only have ONE set of by-laws approved at the
Global level that can be translated to the local chapters with approved
modifications based on regional requirements.  If we have the Chapter
Handbook and the By-laws of the Foundation, then the conversion to a local
charter should really be one of translation as the "rules" have been set
forth.

As we are on the eve of establishing the OWASP EU entity this clarification
on governance is critical.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403