[Owasp-board] Electronic Vote

Seba seba at owasp.org
Wed Apr 27 12:39:40 UTC 2011

Hi Matt, All,

Is it feasible to have your "how to allocate OWASP funds" proposal by the
next board call next Monday?
Did you have a change to look at the questions/remarks I had on the new
bylaws?

I propose to add a paragraph on local chapters governance. Something along
the lines of:

Local Chapters Governance
A local OWASP chapter may establish local chapters within the geographical
boundary of a chapter, such as country or a city. The bylaws of a chapter
must not contain anything that is at variance with the expressed purposes of
the OWASP Foundation or with the OWASP Foundation Bylaws, and must be
approved as specified by the OWASP Foundation board of directors before
becoming effective. A chapter may not change its bylaws, its name, or its
boundaries without approval as specified by the OWASP Foundation. Chapter
Bylaws may be produced in the native language of a nation, but must be
translated into English for submission to the OWASP Foundation.
The chapter leader and local chapter board has to manage the local chapter
according the guidance and rules defined in the Chapter Leader Handbook. The
Global Chapters Committee provides the support required by the local
chapters to thrive and contribute to the overall mission and goals of the
OWASP Foundation.
The OWASP Foundation may, by affirmative vote of at majority of the board of
directors, suspend or annul a chapter if, in the judgment of the board of
directors, such action is in the best interests of the OWASP Foundation.

Regards,

--Seba