[Owasp-board] [NYCMetro392] Re: Please support Joe Benik for the ISE Peoples Choice award

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Apr 22 18:11:12 UTC 2011

Joe Bernik has been nominated for ISE CISO of the year award for the Midwest region. I ask you to support him by voting below.

> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ise_central_peoples_choice_award

Joe is a key member of the OWASP organization and has dedicated several years to forwarding the cause of application security.

Joe currently serves as Chairman of the Industry committee for OWASP. As Chairman Joe works with the committee members to expand the reach and breadth of OWASP throughout various industry segments. Joe has been an active member of OWASP since 2004 and has previously been in leadership roles with the New York and Chicago chapters.

Joe is currently  Chief Information Security Officer for Fifth Third Bank, a 150 billion dollar financial institution located in the Midwest. In his role Joe is responsible for protecting Fifth Third Bank and its clients’ information systems from risks. He is also responsible for defining and implementing Enterprise-wide information security strategies for the Bank.

Joe has more than 16 years of experience as a security and risk professional. He has developed risk management practices, procedures and standards for several Fortune 100 companies including several global banking organizations. Prior to his role at Fifth Third Bank, Joe served in roles including Director of Operational Risk at the Royal Bank of Scotland and Chief Information Security Officer of ABN AMRO, and its subsidiary, LaSalle Bank.

In addition to his role with OWASP Joe currently serves as an advisor to the Federal Reserve on matters of information security and is on the steering committee of the Financial Services Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) Account Take Over Task force.