[Owasp-board] Banner ad

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Mon Apr 18 12:15:50 UTC 2011

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the Ethical hacking banner
add that I put up this morning.  The idea from this banner was to generate
OWASP memberships (original idea attached):

Dean Bushmiller of training 411 proposed.

"I was thinking of the idea:

Our ad would be something like:

Sign up for our training and get a free OWASP membership!

We pay $50 back to OWASP in the name of the person.

Would that help lower the cost of the advertizing space?

Would you consider for every paid member deducting that amount from my next
month's cost of advertizing, up to the cost of the ad?

Since a membership is $50 and residual renewal is reasonable, OWASP gets
more than the $50 they are deducting?

If it is wildly successful, (more that the cost of the ad) I pay more per
month in memberships.

So, 2500/50 = 50 If I get more than 50 signups in a month, OWASP gets more
money than the original $2500.

If I get less than 50, OWASP still gets $2500 in advertising and new
membership."

This idea was approved, but now I'm looking at the link from the banner, it
seems to me to be advertised as owasp certified training.  I didn't know if
this was just me...

Thoughts on this?

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director