[Owasp-board] Electronic Vote

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Sat Apr 16 18:39:18 UTC 2011

Hi, and another thing, we probably need to define an expense policy.

Sent from my HTC hero.

owasp board member

On 16 Apr 2011 17:45, "Matt Tesauro" <matt.tesauro at owasp.org> wrote:

Eoin:  I agree with staggering but technically speaking, that's not what
we're voting on.  We should communicate this to the committee chairs first.
 I sat in on the committee chair call earlier in the week and warned those
on that call that OWASP is not flush with cash and we may need to scale back
the committee budgets in the near term.  However, we need to make sure
committees understand this is not us hindering their work but the current
fiscal realities.

My votes:

No on remaining budgets.
    More time is needed to understand fully the impact of the summit's
expense on this years budget.
No on the ByLaws.
    I'd like to have some time to review what Seba sent.

I propose we re-vote these issues next Friday (April 22) to give us the time
to look into them - especially the budget issue.

I also have a proposal I'll be crafting on how to allocate OWASP funds going
forward with respect to the global committees and overarching expenses
(those that touch multiple committees).  However, I need some more time with
the numbers I got from Alison before I can make a specific proposal.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member