[Owasp-board] FW: Ning Group

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Apr 6 03:54:29 UTC 2011

Larry,

Josh is the Austin Chapter lead/president and the Austin chapter has been
using (and has had success) with Ning for a while.  He had asked me around
Thanksgiving if the Foundation could pay to upgrade the free Ning account it
had been using to a pay account.

My counter proposal to him was to setup a "global" Ning site for the use of
any OWASP chapter instead of just one for Austin.  I had spoken to some
chapter leaders who expressed interest in some of the features offered by
Ning so a larger trial made sense.  Also, the cost of the branded pay
version was only $500/year so it also didn't represent an expensive
experiment.  Josh agree to run this experiment and basically be the OWASP
Ning site project leader.

He has now setup the branded Ning site and OWASP paid for it.  He is asking
for the DNS change so the branding will extend past the OWASP logos he's
placed on the site.  After that change is done, he's planning on working
with the chapters who had previously agreed to beta test the site.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member