[Owasp-board] [GPC] Next Meeting/Projects managing process

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Tue Sep 21 17:42:04 UTC 2010

Matt e all,

I also agree the text previously agreed on that we use to ask for data when
setting up new projects should be continuously ameliorated in function of
the feedback meanwhile received.

However, having said that, even if I believe the current form of the text
above referred can be improved, please allow me but I am not sure if I agree
with the proposition that we are asking for a ‘long list of items when
starting a project’.

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/Doc?docid=0AX4Puwz7EA41ZGNuODk2MmNfODJnO
XNyNm5jaw
<https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/Doc?docid=0AX4Puwz7EA41ZGNuODk2MmNfODJn
OXNyNm5jaw&hl=en&authkey=CODE694L> &hl=en&authkey=CODE694L

In my view, with the exception below pointed out, we are just asking for the
data that is indispensable to identify, or to understand, or to assess, the
projects’ purposes, leaders, licenses and roadmaps. The remaining info -
project’s contributors and links - is being requested only if it exists.

I agree that we can consider the ‘Project Maintainer’ item superfluous but
we haven’t asked for it since it was eliminated from the ‘Project About’
template in its latest review.

As for the presentation and the flyer items that you singled out, as far as
I understand our text formulation, we don’t really ask for it when creating
a new project. On the contrary, we say that these two pieces will only be
needed when the project is ready to be promoted.

In addition, on the top of what is mentioned above, I only usually ask the
new project’s leader and contributors to fill in their wiki username with
their Resume/Curriculum Vitae. I am doing so as a way of promoting
clarification regarding who is who within our community. I was convinced
this could be useful to support GPC’s work and would give credibility to our
projects. Please let me know if you think otherwise and whether I should
stop this practice.

These are only my 2 cents. Please let me know what I can do to improve our
process.

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager