[Owasp-board] AppSec DC and Summit

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Sep 20 08:56:16 UTC 2010

Hi Mark (CCing Summit 2011 and Board)

I have to appologise since it looks like we (Summit 2011 team) have not been
clear with the DC Conference organization team about our current plans and
direction.

As things stand today, the next 'OWASP Summit' will happen in Jan/Feb 2011
at a location to be defined. This will be a 100% working event done outside
an OWASP Conference focused on OWASP and AppSec related topics (see
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011). At the moment we have budget
approved to bring to the summit the OWASP Board, Committee Members and we're
trying to figure out how to bring more OWASP leaders (industry players (like
browsers) also likely to attend)

I know that in the past we talked about doing this at DC (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/2010_OWASP_Global_Summit) but that is
currently OFF the table.

That doesn't mean that DC is not going to host other mini-summits, since as
we say on the Summit 2011 page:

*"Other local Summit(s):"*

   - * The conferences are free to organize small, conference bound summit *
   - * this are not sponsored by OWASP of OWASP summit budget *

For example you could have an 'ESAPI Summit' there, but the current Summit
organization team is focused on the 2011 event.

Sorry about this confusion (I thought we had communicated this message
before)

Dinis Cruz