[Owasp-board] * VOTE REQUIRED ? *

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Sep 16 06:30:47 UTC 2010

Hey Tom,

Couple comments and positioning for future reference:

   - If this person is going to work directly with you (and managed by you),
   can you frame it around a particular activity, project or initiative ? We
   need to take into account the particularities of our community which took a
   long time to Kate, Alison and Paulo to get their heads around (which is why
   it will always be hard for somebody to start from day as an OWASP-wide
   resource).
   - Ideally we should put in a open bid process like we did for the
   Resource we are adding for the Chapter-Driven Education/Training activities
   (
   http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposals/Training_Manager)
   but if time is of the essence, and she is ready to go, then it is better to
   move faster than not to move
   - This would be a 3 month engagement rigth? (Oct/Nov/Dec), rigth?
   - What is the total cost/budget you need (i.e. max amount of 10$/USD
   hours we would be buying)
   - If this becomes a more general OWASP wide resource, we should plan to
   have an open proposal like
   http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposals/Training_Manager(maybe
starting in January)
   - To address Larry's proposed resource, I would say that the same
   short-term model should apply. I.e. lets do it if there is a local board
   member that wants to take her under his wing, manage her and has an action
   plan for what she is going to do (for example, if you look at the budget
   items we approved there are a number of places we could 'move' the funds
   from).

At this stage I am more interrested in getting the machine working where
Board Members (and projects and chapters and confererence/summit organizers)
start to have direct access to operational resources that can make things
happen.

We need to experiment and see what works and what doesn't, so Tom accelerate
with this idea :)

Great stuff

Dinis Cruz