[Owasp-board] Secure coding guide review

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Thu Sep 9 00:04:47 UTC 2010

Hello Keith,

>From where I am answering you, Portugal, it’s already late - half hour after
midnight - and so I am obliged to be concise. Tomorrow I will respond you
thoroughly.

Being so and firstly, regarding the assessment’s formal process itself,
please note that all the three reviews must be uploaded and so we still need
yours and Brad’s.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quic
k_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment#tab=Project_Leader_for_this_Rel
ease

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quic
k_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment#tab=Second_Reviewer

Secondly, as for rating the release as Stable one, in operational terms, it
seems to me it can be done as soon as the First and Second Reviewers agree
on doing that.

However, since we have received quite a strong feedback through the leaders’
mailing list, may I ask if you have already addressed all the relevant
pointed out issues, e.g. the following ones?

-           ‘One quick note: this guide gives dangerous advice (HTML Entity
Encode all data sent to the client). It should advise contextual encoding´-
Jim Manico,

-          ‘I suggest a review against the guides and ASVS would productive’
– Jeff Williams,

I thank all your efforts, patience and diligence.  I contact you again,
first thing on the morning.

Regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager