[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] R: Hackid Conference

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Sep 8 13:04:39 UTC 2010

Board, this comment from James speaks volumes for the current alergy that
current exists at OWASP in spending money:

"...4.       Does OWASP have enough budget to pick up the cost for a few
kids sized t-shirts with the OWASP logo on them? We know that TV news is
attracted to anything having a positive influence on kids and we shouldn’t
miss out on having our logo displayed to a wider audience..."

Lets change this today at the Board meeting

Dinis Cruz

*To:* owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org; owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
*Subject:* [Owasp-leaders] R: Hackid Conference

This is a great idea, I think that as an organisation we can both help young
people to understand the "security" problems in the network for them
directly,  and create more awareness, as well as to help them gorw with a
knowledge in this area, whatever their future job will be they will have to
work and live connected and secured.

I assume that also other big names and company are starting such programs,
as anexample I found,
http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=2514067&type=member&item=28696144&qid=683cf38b-58d9-4c05-a94c-7cd2b683048f&goback=%2Egmp_2514067,
and
I think that we, as an open organisation, can help in creating and spreading
knowledge.

Ready to support, bye Loredana.