[Owasp-board] Need Help: New Project on OWASP

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon Sep 6 17:47:23 UTC 2010

Hello Bishan,

I thank both your concern and the heads-up. However, as far as I understand,
the intentionally broaden privileges given to everyone that requests an
OWASP wiki account to edit every OWASP wiki page is an OWASP choice. We
value good-faith and individual responsibility and incentivise constant
cross revision and fortunately until now, as far as I know, we haven’t been
victims of any significant abuse.

In more operational terms, I suggest, if I may, you feel comfortable to edit
everything you think you can improve but recommend you previously subscribe
the mailing list associated with the wiki page targeted for edition to
announce and explain your action.

Nevertheless, I am carbon copying both the OWASP Board and the OWASP Global
Projects Committee to assure you aren’t being misled by any possible
misunderstanding of mine.

Whenever you think I can be of any assistance, please get back to me.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

Cc: chandra.kanth at hotmail.com; Naveen.rudra02 at gmail.com

Thanks Paulo.

Naveen has also applied for the Wiki account just now.

I will get back to you in a day or two with our Wiki updates.

Thanks again,

Bishan

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
wrote:

Hello Bishan,

I’ve set OWASP email addresses up for you all and updated the project
template to show them.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Alchemist_Project

I’ve seen that Naveen Rudrappa hasn’t yet requested a wiki account.

As soon as you get back to me with the info you refer below, I will publicly
announce your project through the OWASP leaders’ mailing list.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>  Manager

Date: 8/12/2010

Subject: Need Help: New Project on OWASP

Hi Dinis - First of all, congrats for the O2 release.

I forwarded a proposal for a new project at OWASP to Paulo
(paulo.coimbra at owasp.org).

I haven't received a response yet. Could you direct me to the right person
please?

Thanks.

Bishan

<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qoang4-gcsgiesy-3l/SBx5yLTy6yHYmk_b5FY5YCW-CEaq7v
KX/mbi/I2263652281_2/> View/reply to this message

Don't want to receive e-mail notifications?
<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qoang4-gcsgiesy-3l/SBx5yLTy6yHYmk_b5FY5YCW-CEaq7v
KX/blk/I2263652281_2/s6hJbOYWrSlI/mdp/> Adjust your message settings.

© 2010, LinkedIn Corporation

--
Bish
http://bishankochher.blogspot.com