[Owasp-board] REQUEST FOR COMMENTS/IMPORTANT/ RE: [Owasp-google-hacking] [GPC] bing Port

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Sun Sep 5 18:47:02 UTC 2010

Brad (and GPC & Board),

I am writing you to ask you whether or not you are open to reconsider your
decision regarding the permission you have given to Christian for him to
create a new project.

Without forgetting that everyone is innocent until the contrary is proven,
in my view, until the Google Hacking Project's inquiry is finished, we
shouldn't allow Christian to increase his OWASP responsibilities and/or
engagement.

For one thing, the permission for him to create a new project, in my view,
is not coherent with our former decision to not consider his application to
lead the ASVS until the GHP's inquiry is closed.

For another, I might be wrong but honestly believe that Christian's
behaviour is censurable and I am not sure if he currently has the conditions
to lead any OWASP activities.

In a nutshell, in my perspective, when dealing with the inquiry findings, we
should address the following situations:

-          Christian's serious and false accusations that we were
intentionally delaying the inquiry to ensure maximum damage to his
reputation. In his own words: "(...) I have no doubt that the inquiry has
been delayed so it will be twisted to ensure maximum damage to my reputation
while OWASP attempts to distance itself from its lack of action during the
entire lifetime of this project such as the continued removal from the OWASP
Leaders List and recently marking my project inactive (not in September 2009
when requested) (...)",

-          Christian's lack of respect showed towards Sebastien which has
motivated from him the following comment:  'After proposing to rename the
Melbourne chapter mailing list from "Australia" to Melbourne and having an
overall Australia Melbourne list, Christian reacted with insults and
allegations',

-           Christian's refusal to act in conformity when was told by Dinis
the following: "(...) Finally, Christian, since we have marked the OWASP
Google Hacking project as discontinued (see
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project), I
think it time that you dropped the tag "OWASP "Google Hacking" Project Lead
- http://sn.im/owasp_google_hacking" from your email signature (...)",

-          Christian's long and repeated insistence (to me, also
inexplicable and unbearable) on calling "trolls" to people who protested
saying the project code was not available.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager