[Owasp-board] Ideas for OWASP to work with Microsoft

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Sep 3 05:35:50 UTC 2010

Let’s discuss how to engage with major software vendors at the conference.
I think that they probably won’t understand the value proposition that we’re
offering here.  This will lead to either no response or a bad response to an
open letter like this.

I think we need to approach organizations with an offer that makes good
business sense for them.  They need to get something out of the
relationship.  And we need to spell that out very clearly for them.

I think that rather than proposing a laundry list of individual projects,
everything we propose should be in the context of building security
ecosystems around technologies. We can do this quite easily and the vendors
probably cannot.  That’s the value proposition for working with OWASP.

BTW – the description of “security ecosystems” you have below is waaaay
wrong.

--Jeff