[Owasp-board] Awards

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Sep 2 14:32:55 UTC 2010

 > owasp individual
 > Identify (2) persons as example of a owasp volunteering over and above.
* Colin Watson for his unbelievable radar for opportunities where OWASP
can comment on proposed documents, standards, etc _then_ getting the
comments prepared and submitted.
* John Wilander - AppSec EU was an incredibly smooth conference, well
attended and pleasantly profitable.

 > owasp supporting member
 > - direct contribution to owasp
* ??
* Boeing's recent contribution was nice but not a particularly large
contribution.  I've not followed the corporate side of OWASP very
closely.  Maybe for AppSec DC we can thank a new hosting provider...

 > owasp chapter
 > - most members (corp/ind.)
* I think this would likely be NYC
 > - most active
* Denver has been doing good things for a while with FROC.  I've not
been to that chapter but I suspect its vibrant if they can pull off the
FROC conferences.  I'm woefully ignorant of the non-US Chapters.  Maybe
London?

 > owasp project
 > - biggest impact to appsec
* OWASP Top 10 for its inclusion with PCI and general buzz but WebGoat
has probably done more to give people a security clue and start them
down the app sec path.

 > - largest collaboration project
* The guides definitely.  Historically, Mateo has corralled a ton of
contributors.  The crew working on the developer guide appears to be
following the same path with that guide.  I'd maybe give the nod to the
developer guide to help keeps its momentum with an honorable mention to
the testing guide.

 > Who/what stands out in your minds over the last 12 months shouldn't
we praise them to urge them to continue?
* Absolutely Kate and Paulo, with out whom, OWASP would grind to a halt.
  Honorable mention for Alison who is not as publicly visible as Kate
and Paulo.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member