[Owasp-board] owasp email address

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Oct 15 02:45:14 UTC 2010

I strongly believe that we should try to get as many people using @owasp.org
emails as possible.

Yes there may be abuses and we can deal with those when they happen.  But
there is a massive upside to having great people make great contributions
using an @owasp.org email address.  Email addresses are a key definition of
our community.  Offhand I can't think of a more simple or powerful way for
someone to say "OWASP is great" than to use our domain as a part of their
identity.  Even if someone abuses the privilege, it STILL sends a great
message about us.  It says we are important enough to be a target.

We have to stop thinking like security people and start thinking like
leaders, stop protecting OWASP and start getting people to abuse it, stop
saving and start spending, ...

--Jeff