[Owasp-board] Fwd: Questions?

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Tue Oct 5 12:21:06 UTC 2010

This is something I want to tackle at the face-2-face board meeting in
November. Its our main agenda item I believe.

A 3 year plan. Lets define a strategy for each committee or at least help
them to.

A few issues I see:

We are still too inward looking - GIC  should help with this & ???
We are still to reactive and not proactive enough
The (ISC)2/OWASP survey shall also assist in trend analysis and industry
requirements.
We still take on new projects but don't seem to focus on existing ones.
Do we have a well publicised code of ethics?  - I am thinking CH etc on this
one.
Do we have a charter defining our purpose,direction and road map?
We need to get more professional and not appear as a loose group of open
source enthusiasts who "do" the "Top 10", we do much more.......
We need to focus on what the industry requires. Be relevant or die.
Industry relevance = membership increase = corporate membership = industry
relevance

Lets refresh the organisations direction etc for 2011

Eoin

--
Eoin Keary
OWASP Global Board Member