[Owasp-board] AppSec DC presentation - pick your topic now

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Sat Nov 6 19:53:49 UTC 2010

Jeff,

I think talking about actual stats from the ESAPI and the new Python
Security Ecosystems would be interesting. # of contributors, # of languages,
etc.

I think the new college chapters program should be mentioned. Have any been
launched?

We've hired a person to help with OWASP Training - so we should announce
that and talk about the plan for a training road show.

Seems like we are at least starting to building relationships with the
browser vendors like Mozilla. Mozilla, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Amazon,
Adobe, and Symantec are all now sponsors. That seems to say something right
there. Do we have any real success stories related to actually changing
security in widely used technologies which help the entire world? If we
don't I really wish we did. Seems like we should dust off/promote the
Intrinsic Security Working Group.

Seems like there is A LOT more OWASP activity going on now even without the
seasons of code as an impetus. Can we measure/talk about that in some way?

-Dave