[Owasp-board] Membership assistance - Vote Required

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Thu Nov 4 18:41:08 UTC 2010

I thought I said naked?  ;)

Concerning membership management - adding operational additional employee
costs to OWASP Foundation is a concern of mine --  I would rather see a
investment in our existing CRM
http://www.salesforcefoundation.org/products/nonprofit_starter_pack system
to deal with membership management, eliminate cevent and provide detailed
management and reporting for back office tasks such as case management
website inquires, project management etc..(all well within scope of this
platform btw)  We have a extremely powerful platform deployed currently
however I am a bit side tracked with my new company to invest what I
estimate is another 80 hrs in this project at this time. I have spoken to
(2) firms 1.  http://www.cleartask.com/index_page 2.
http://www.teamheller.com firms about our needs and they can help out at a
discounted rate.

The 140 emails example should be a written form inquiry on the
owasp.orgwebsite concerning category and needthat is tracked,
assigned and managed
to completion - I agree that owasp at owasp.org is a really bad way to try to
run this .org

So I suggest instead of a quick vote email that you join us at the OWASP DC
meeting and we talk over what we have, what we need to run OWASP foundation
efficiently in project management,public relations, etc..etc..  this item in
depth for the Nov meeting (BTW what time, location are we doing that?)
2011 budget can the be reviewed to see if we can accommodate it with
outsourcing, subcontracting, in-sourcing with worldwide resources.

-Tom