[Owasp-board] Items for DC board meeting

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Nov 4 15:40:58 UTC 2010

Agreed (@ Richard) and also that there is prep work that needs to be
done by the board.

I have some material for review by the board prior to his call next
Tuesday.  He's sent the following questions and would appreciate the
board members considering them and bringing ideas/answers to the call.
We won't finalize anything on this call but this should help the board
start to firm up our ideas on this issue as well as set a common
vocabulary for the discussion.  The goal of the call is to determine if
the board is ready to take the next action(s) on setting goals for OWASP.

The questions are:
1) Is there Board consensus and commitment to leading OWASP to the next
level?

2) What will/should OWASP be like 5 and 15 years from today?

3) What are the OWASP core values and core purpose that will guide the
transition to the desired future state?

4) What are the OWASP available people and financial resources required
to reach the desired future state?

Additionally, he requested everyone read the short PDF attached.  Its a
Harvard Business Journal article "Building Your Company's Vision" by
James Collins.  Its only ~16 pages and the key information is on the
first page (after the title page).

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member