[Owasp-board] [Global_education_committee] budget for training program

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue May 18 03:16:08 UTC 2010

I don't think the 'Chapter-driven OWASP-only' training courses is going to
negatively affect the revenue from the 'paid-for' training we deliver/offer
at our conferences (in fact, if anything, it should drive a lot of new
traffic (i.e. paid students) to it)

Also, as Kate mentions in her email below, eventually the local chapters
should be in a position to also organize 'paid-for' training events
(independently from the conferences). I see this 2nd 'training model' has an
evolution of the  'Chapter-driven OWASP-only' we are currently trying to
implement (i..e once a chapter is able
to independently organize 'Chapter-driven OWASP-only' training courses, they
should be in a position to also organize 'paid-for' training events)

Dinis Cruz