[Owasp-board] budget for training program

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon May 17 16:11:59 UTC 2010

Yes, we will have this constraint into account.

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org

Great plan, but I'd plan the training tour in September, after the holidays.

We'll have one combined with the BeNeLux Day in December

--Seba

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

> (CCing board, GEC and GCC)

> The idea is that this should be a chapter lead event, where the

> chapter uses the funds available to them to organize these and to

> bring in external presenters (who are always locally appreciated) In

> addition to Paulo's comments below, In the course we delivered in

> London last month, we bought and distributed a number of books (which

> I ask Kate/Alison to threat as a OWASP Global expense (about $900

> USD)) since I wanted to see their impact and interrest on the course

> attendees (which was very positive) The idea is to deliver a number of

> these training course over the next couple months (me and Paulo were

> talking today about seeing if we could organize an "OWASP Chapter

> Training Tour" in July, and there is already some movement in doing

> the same in the US). These course events should help to iron out the

> operation model, and when we have 10 of these delivered, we can do a

> review of them and finalize & launch this as something we expect ALL

> chapters to organize (when they reach a certain size) Finally, in

> order to start also enabling the the next level of these OWASP Chapter

> trainings (i.e. the idea of the "OWASP Academies") we will need to

> beef up the OWASP Central logistical team (with budget for resources,

> travel and material creation), which as I mentioned in the last Board

> Meeting, a plan for it should be soon presented for vote.

> Dinis Cruz

> On 13 May 2010 19:33, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org> wrote:

>> Kate,

>> As has been agreed, please see the enclosed email, the training

>> course is being organized under the following concept:

>> “We are proposing a Chapters driven model with local Chapter

>> organization in which the courses are free for OWASP members, the

>> contents are OWASP projects focused and the costs are supported by a

>> mix of funding i.e. local chapter budget, external sponsorship,

>> trainers sponsorship i.e. trip and/or accommodation paid by themselves
and local chapter members’ sponsorship i.e.

>> taking trainers in as guests“.

>> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_res

>> ources_you_can_use_TODAY#tab=OWASP_Internals

>> Regarding this London specific event as none sponsorship has been

>> found as of yet, everything is being supported by the London Chapter

>> budget that currently accounts for $2,215.

>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6IFyntQTi7t-yH-peiD8Aw

>> Until now we have spent £74,8. Justin, Alison and Dinis have been

>> informed. I have paid these expenses and have already asked for the

>> reimbursement. The data is on-line on the course’s wiki page.

>> https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/ccc?key=0An4Puwz7EA41dFZv

>> OTdQbURBY1Vkd0Y2cmp2MHRmdkE&hl=en

>> As for future expenses, I can anticipate we will need to pay for four

>> flight tickets (Eoin, Fabio, Matteo and Martin Knobloch) and for two

>> nights of accommodation (Matteo and Martin Knobloch).

>> All of these decisions have been taken with Dinis and Justin’s

>> involvement. Sometimes the decision has also been shared with the

>> Education and the Connections Committees.

>> Please do not hesitate and get back to me if you need any additional
info.

--
Eoin Keary
OWASP Global Board Member