[Owasp-board] (only board) Issue with Mike B Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Commercial Services Registry -- Live!

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Fri May 14 16:57:50 UTC 2010

Seba, thanks for chiming in.  I was at an appointment and could not pull up
historical emails to resend regarding the summits postponement.

I like Tom's idea of an OWASP Committee summit, but there is also a huge
value to a more open participation in outlining the Foundation's roadmap.
Additionally, since there are still committees who are in desperate need of
support, the global energy created by the Summit goes a long way to
facilitate participation of those who actually have an opinion.

During the next 6 months we have a couple of options to pull everyone
together.  We have the US conference in CA in September, Ireland in
September, the DC conference in November, IBWAS in Portugal in November,
Germany in October, Rochester, NY in October and probably some additional
local events this fall that have not yet been put on the books.

Since we were aiming towards Sweden to draw in more EU participants, we may
want to consider IBWAS or Germany this fall for the 2010 Summit.  This would
put us in a good position to host a US Summit one year later.  Every 6
months is a bit too soon, but every 18 months is probably too far apart.

Please let me know which direction you think we should move in and I will
start working on the logistics.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road