[Owasp-board] (only board) Issue with Mike B Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Commercial Services Registry -- Live!

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri May 14 15:57:03 UTC 2010

Lets rename the OWASP Commercial Services to  - OWASP Community Member Services - the word commercial is icky for some it seems, in the end you want a list of companies ok.. do it.  I happen to like the one listed here:
http://www.securityscoreboard.com/reviews/tag/productsoffered/webapplicationsecurity  already in progress and used by people

re: summit ah ok - that changes things...

With that said then I would like to lobby based on demographics to host it in Washington DC - perhaps Jeff/Dave can sponsor the location (the big conference room in their offices) and we fly in the committee chair from each global committee and board members to do a 2 full day focus face-to-face planning session.  This is not a "summit" with general members/community this is the core group that has to agree to set direction, layout a plan and then focus on it for the next 12,24,48 months.  No golf carts - just work.

Its well worth the investment in time and OWASP dollars to make it happen.

In addition perhaps we should investigate a virtual summit via video conf., to roll out the plan ( i use webex with the video today and it rocks for this )

To formal? To much of an effort?  I'm open to do what ever we can agree on however we need more face-time on strategic and tactical issues at hand personally I am not a passive person and like things that can be measured to a plan.