[Owasp-board] budget for training program

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu May 13 20:59:41 UTC 2010

(CCing board, GEC and GCC)

The idea is that this should be a chapter lead event, where the chapter uses
the funds available to them to organize these and to bring in external
presenters (who are always locally appreciated)

In addition to Paulo's comments below, In the course we delivered in London
last month, we bought and distributed a number of books (which I ask
Kate/Alison to threat as a OWASP Global expense (about $900 USD)) since I
wanted to see their impact and interrest on the course attendees (which was
very positive)

The idea is to deliver a number of these training course over the next
couple months (me and Paulo were talking today about seeing if we could
organize an "OWASP Chapter Training Tour" in July, and there is already some
movement in doing the same in the US). These course events should help to
iron out the operation model, and when we have 10 of these delivered, we can
do a review of them and finalize & launch this as something we expect ALL
chapters to organize (when they reach a certain size)

Finally, in order to start also enabling the the next level of these OWASP
Chapter trainings (i.e. the idea of the "OWASP Academies") we will need to
beef up the OWASP Central logistical team (with budget for resources, travel
and material creation), which as I mentioned in the last Board Meeting, a
plan for it should be soon presented for vote.

Dinis Cruz