[Owasp-board] Hypothetical sponsorship opportunity

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Thu May 6 14:03:13 UTC 2010

During the Feb 2010 board meeting, the board voted to allow the 40/60 split
to extend to projects.  As an example, Podcast (Jim Manico) has recruited 2
corporate supporters.  The projects and their balances are included on the
donation scoreboard:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6IFyntQTi7t-yH-peiD8Aw

Appropriate expenses were determined to be things like books, travel,
promotion, or in Podcast case - equipment.  These are in line with similar
appropriate expenses for the local chapters.

The donate to a project PayPal button was added to the projects page to
allow an individual donation.  It sounds like we may want to rethink this
option and hold the sponsorships to the membership model.

I will include it in the agenda for next week's call.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300