[Owasp-board] Hypothetical sponsorship opportunity

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Thu May 6 13:53:37 UTC 2010

This is NOT a Softtek question rather a OWASP membership/projects governance question (also topic for next board meeting - please add it)

Based on below thread; Softtek has allocated 40% of its 2010 annual membership cost to the OWASP 2010, Top 10 Project ?

If so.. how was that money used in this example? Do we carry a balance sheet for each project as we do for each local chapter as to what projects have what funds from a accouting perspective?  Further does this then mean that the project leader can utilize the funds as needed for the project?

Just want to understand the intention here prior to precedent. It would appear that  any company can BUY sponsorship (logo on page) of any project? If so at what min., cost exactly - need clarification on intention/goal.