[Owasp-board] FW: Veracode and OWASP Top 10

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jun 28 20:00:57 UTC 2010

Board,

Here's what I received from Veracode.  I'm encouraged to see their analysis
of their coverage and that their service involves a combination of
techniques including manual analysis.

I do have quite a few questions, not the least of which is how they stitch
together traces that go outside the code. For example, do they treat
everything from the database as "tainted" and accept the false alarms, or do
they understand Hibernate and all the various mappings to really get a good
data flow.  My suspicion is that they simply drop all of those traces.

Where to go next??

--Jeff