[Owasp-board] GPC outstanding issues

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon Jun 28 16:36:33 UTC 2010

Brad,

In my last email, I've forgotten to answer your question about the Google
Hacking Project.

As you know, the project leader has answered my call for him to release the
code but I my opinion a couple of issues still need to be sorted out.

Firstly, the Project roadmap currently available is way too simply and
doesn't allow us to understand how the depreciated API's question will be
solved.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project_RoadMap

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project_-_RUXCON_2K8_Rel
ease_-_Notes

http://code.google.com/p/dic/

Secondly, in my assessment, the way Christian behaved was not sufficiently
clear. In my opinion, he resisted to make the code available offering
justifications not always totally evident to me.

Being so, if I were asked, I would suggest a formal inquiry to clarify the
whole situation and, consequently, to allow us to find out a fair response
to both Christian and to the non OWASP people that has repeatedly denounced
this situation.

My 2 cents anyway, thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager